Listen and don’t dance, go on, try it.
Ok, so Pitchfork got him first but ours is more interesting. Read about Wise Blood below and find out why his aura/vibe is white.
The forthebeat/Transparent/ABC News Amplified showcase for CMJ was last week at Public Assembly and we couldn’t have asked for a better pump-up-the crowd than opener, Wise Blood.
Chris Laufman’s debut EP has brought him some well deserved attention we’re certain will only increase, especially with his next album, which he’s working on now. Read one of our favorite ftb interviews below and buy his 5 track EP on his Bandcamp Page (one of the most fun 5 consecutive tracks we’ve heard all year)
1. Hows Pittsburgh? Do you find it inspirational for your music development?
Pittsburgh is a dark, wonderful place sort of like what Washington state looks like in the Twilight series, but creepier.
2. How was CMJ (thank you for playing our show!) Were there any bands either you performed with or saw that interested you?
CMJ was great, had a fun time, especially at your showcase. Wish I had been able to watch myself perform live, heard it was awesome.
3. I know your band’s name is based after the novel by Flannery O’Connor, do you think you will draw any future references to this novel – like song titles or lyrics? Possibly, but you’ll really have to be looking for it.
4. What’s STRT SGNS about?
Wanting to be saved by someone, wanting someone to take care of you and invest a lot in you personally.
5. What song off your EP do you like performing live best?
I think i actually like performing HERE COMES THE SUN the best
6. Who would you love to tour with/play with? We think juiceboxxx and pictureplane would be awesome…
Those are good picks but maybe Salem.
7. What color best describes Wise Blood’s aura?